Special Events & Volunteer Coordinator
(Full Time – 40 hours/week. Schedule varies; work hours are primarily Monday-Friday with some evening and weekend commitments)
Are you looking for an opportunity to build highly-transferrable skills while making a difference in your community? YWCA Lethbridge & District is currently seeking an outgoing and highly organized individual to assume responsibility for coordinating events and organizing our volunteers. Responsibilities will include planning & executing the agency's special events; working with local businesses to secure event sponsorships; contributing to an engaging website and vibrant, multi-platform social media presence; and volunteer management, including recruiting, scheduling and recognition.
- Post-secondary education in volunteer &/or event management
- Minimum two years’ experience in one or more of the following areas of practice: fundraising, public relations, marketing, sales, event planning, volunteerism or related field.
- Well organized, high energy ability to handle multiple priorities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and an eye for identifying process improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid networking skills.
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively as part of a team.
- Commitment to the agency's mission, philosophy and goals.
- Commitment to embracing diversity and respecting individual differences.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Private transportation, liability insurance and good driving record.
- Working knowledge of Volunteer Reporter &/or donor software beneficial
- Previous auction experience beneficial.
Please direct your resume with references to:
Mahreen Rana, Human Resources Manager
YWCA Lethbridge & District
604 8th Street South, Lethbridge, AB T1J 2K1
*Only those interviewed will be contacted.
Please note: All employees of YWCA Lethbridge & District must provide a current Vulnerable Persons Check (Criminal History) and Child & Youth Intervention Module Check.
YWCA Lethbridge & District is an equal opportunities employer.